Summary: To assist with Museum store sales, retail merchandising, visitor services, processing online & phone orders, answering phones, assist with mailings and café sales.
Job Type: Part-time
Please email a resume and cover letter to Sue Boocher at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
- Meet and greet the general public when they enter the Studebaker National Museum
- Provide information about the Museum, exhibits, memberships, and the community
- Process store sales, membership, annual fund, Adopt-A-Car and online sales using a Point of Sale system
- Assist with Information Desk duties
- Monitor galleries and kids Super Service Center
- Answer the telephone and fields calls to appropriate staff members
- Handle and balance cash and related Point of Sale entries
- Assist with sales and inventory in the Museum store
- Create memorable experiences for guests
- Help to sell Museum memberships
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- Enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, partnering with volunteers
- Have a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of one year customer service experience
- Have at least one year retail experience
- Must possess good communication skills
- Broad general knowledge of the South Bend and surrounding areas
- Have a basic knowledge of customer service best practices and possess good communication skills
- Be willing to attend Museum-sponsored events after hours and on weekends
- Able to use technology/computer software
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
The Studebaker National Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.