The Studebaker National Museum announces the Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm, an exclusive gathering celebrating automotive design, engineering and culture. Organizers are now accepting applications from automobile owners for the event to be held Saturday, July 13, 2019, in South Bend, Indiana. The Concours will open to the public at 10am and closes at 4pm. The Pass In Review and Awards ceremony begins at 2:30pm.
This year’s featured marque is Lincoln. Other class highlights will include Italian sports cars, Chrysler 300 “letter cars,” Studebaker Presidents, Fords, and Euro-American hybrids. Awards will be presented in all classes, as well as Best of Show and other special awards of distinction. The Concours at Copshaholm’s Chief Judge is renowned automotive scholar and historian Matt Short. Judging will be French Traditional. The awards ceremony will be narrated by noted automotive raconteur, Bill Rothermel. Special guest at this year’s Concours will be author, historian, and barn-find legend Tom Cotter.
To submit your car for application, visit: www.concoursatcopshaholm.org/vehicleselection/. The full class list is shown below. The submission deadline is March 31, 2019, and owners will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by April 15, 2019.
- American Splendor – American open-bodied Full Classic ® automobiles
- The Banker’s Hot Rod – Chrysler 300 “letter cars”
- European Opulence – European luxury automobiles
- European Economy – Popular-priced European automobiles
- Hail to the Chief: Studebaker Presidents (closed body styles)
- Henry’s Fords (1901-1948)
- Motorcars of the Lincoln Highway – Automobiles 1913-1928
- Powered by America – European-built exotics with American powerplants
- Precise Luxury: Classic-era Lincolns
- Scuderia Italia – Italian-built sports and performance automobiles
For more information, visit: www.concoursatcopshaholm.org.